Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thing 4~Explore Flickr

I have spent some time search through Flickr and have really enjoyed the images that have been shared by others. I chose not to start an account with Flickr at this time. I would like more time to explore the site and see what is there before making a decision to join. When I have shared photos with friends, I have used email. I am a little more comfortable with sending photos through email than a website. I added a photo that was available through Flickr. I used the tags: library mascot to come up with my picture. Thanks to KendraK at Flickr for the image. Her image came from this web address: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kendrak/12264309/
I watched the video on Common Craft about putting your family pictures on the Internet and how this can safe guard those images from fire and hard drive failure. I am still nervous about putting my children on the Internet. I think that there are people out there that can still access your private information and I don't feel comfortable exposing my children to that. I use CD's to back up all of my photos and keep them in different locations such as parents house.
Students could use Flickr to come up with pictures for classroom projects and put them on power points. They could use their own photos or photos available on Flickr.

No comments: