Monday, April 27, 2009

Thing 38~ Screencasting

I started out by watching the video on Skitch. I made an account but was blocked out during the downloading on the Mac due to some security issues with the school server. I then decided to try screencast-o-matic and had difficulty with getting Java on my computer. Overall, I was pretty discouraged after all of the computer issues.

Skitch has a lot of great features for making a screencast. I liked the fact that you can write on the screen. I would have done a tutorial on how to get to my card catalog page for my students. I can see how this could be very helpful in a classroom for teachers to highlight important sections on webpages for their classes.

Screencast-o-matic would be nice if you are working on a You Tube movie. This could be used in a classroom for a science lab and more. I like the feature where you can add voice for students. This can be helpful for students who need visual and audio.

Both had great qualities to add to the classroom setting. I have not given up on this thing but I will continue to try to make my screencast on how to get to my card catalog from the high school homepage.

No comments: