Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 30 ~ More Ways to Use RSS and Delicious

Confession time, I did not keep up with Delicious or Bloglines since the 23 Things on a Stick.

I started off by reading the article seven tips on RSS feeds. I have to agree with it that having too many can be very overwhelming. I did add some bookmarks to my Delicious account. I am always looking for really good teaching websites for myself and others. I still am old fashion, I like to read the newspapers online. I find myself going to my favorite newspapers and picking out the headlines that attract my attention.

I am really trying to get websites organized and more userfriendly for myself. I like the overall Google webpage or Yahoo Webpage. I have some of the RSS feeds set up on my homepage. So it feels like a waste of time to set up another account to keep track of.

I did set up a link on my blog for others to look at my Delicious bookmarks. I am not going to add anyone at this time to my network. I think I will work more on getting comfortable with Delicious before finding people.

1 comment:

TJS said...

Had a little out loud chuckle at the fact that you consider reading a newspaper online is old fashioned. :-) I agree with you though, I started exploring the RSS feeds and Delicious yesterday and found myself wondering why a bookmark to a blog isn't good enough and now I have to have topics and feeds sent to me in one place. For me as a casual user I don't need the immediate update so much but for heavy bloggers or researchers I can see the feeds being very useful.

PS -- I am still a paper copy person -- haven't gone completely green yet