Monday, March 2, 2009

Thing 31 ~ More Twitter

I started off by reading the article on etiquette. I find that it is important to understand what is really going on and how to best use Twitter to get the most for your time. I click on a lot of the links to see what is offered in Twitter, how best to use it, what other people are using it for, and checked out Congress. I tried to add my name to the directory but was blocked out by my computer.
Then I tried to determine what stage of twitter I thought I was in. I am in between two stages (in my opinion): New is Cool and Talk to Me. Here is my opinion on this: I think Twitter can be useful in keeping up with friends and colleagues in your field. I am exploring so I kind of feeling like someone had better start talking to me soon or I am going to drop Twitter like a bad habit. I guess I need to experiment more in order to make Twitter more useful for me.
I took a quiz. I am a comma, which I think really explains me for the most part. I am an outgoing, busy, looking for new things, and I do look for the good in most everything.
I found out that I am ranked 572,350. I guess that isn't too bad considering that I am new to Twitter. I think if I would use it more and comment more or have discussions more, it would help my ranking. I guess I don't have to be ranked all that high to enjoy using it.
My changed my Twitter to page to a really cute pink color. I have not left much in the line of background information. I think that if I left more information as to who I am more people would be willing to check my Twitter page and see if I have anything to add professionally or personally. I am considering adding more information.
I can see myself spending more time on Twitter if I could find some of my friends out there. I think it would be a good way to keep in touch with my friends that are not close to home. I still think that email is better for me. I have a hard time using only a 14o characters. I am talkative.
I found lots of people on Twitter. I did a simple search by first name and last name to see if I had friends on Twitter. It was not a successful search.
I tried to add a badge to my blog but was unsuccessful. According to Twitter, it had to many Tweets and they were experiencing some difficulties. Will continue trying to add a badge.

No comments: