Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing 37 ~ Photo Tales

I started Thing 37 with creating an account on Flickr. I have explored through Flickr in the past but hadn't spent a lot of time using it. I didn't want to put my personal photos on my blog so I did use the FlickrCC which has tons of photos to use that are put out their by other Flickr users.

I created a slideshow of photographs that were provided by Creative Commons and titled the post Thing 37 ~ Flickr. I looked for photographs that were close to home that had the feel for mainly spring. I live only an hour from the Red River Valley flood. I needed to look at something other than white snow which is covering the ground right now.

I had a hard time embedding my slideshow into the post so this is something that I will continue to work on. I think if a person is more technical than I am that it wouldn't be too difficult to add them into PowerPoint presentations.

I was amazed at how many people put their personal photos out for millions of people to look at. I still have the issue of privacy and worry what kind of people are looking at my photos.

I think that Flickr and other slideshow generators could be a very useful tool to use in classroom presentation. It could easily be put into a PowerPoint presentation. I can see students having an easy time taking photos for a classroom project and using them on the SMART board.

Overall, it was a lot of fun to play with the photos. I did create a mosaic in Flickr but it was unable to be put on my blog due to human error (that being my error). I have something similar at home that I use to make slideshows with my digital camera. Kind of fun to pull out the slideshow during family events/holidays.

No comments: