Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 36~Comic Relief: Generate Some Fun

I have had some experience with the generators doing the 23 Things on a Stick and had a blast with the Big Huge Labs. In the past, I made a puzzle of my children, which can be viewed along the right hand side of the screen, and a name badge which is no longer on my blog due to the amount of things on my blog. I felt like it was going overboard.

I started by playing with a lot of the generators. I made some fun things like a Wanted Poster (Wanted ~ My Marbles) through ImageChef. I felt like I had lost my mind at that point in the fun of creating many posters. Spacefem is where I generated my own dewey classification number which is 608. My number is for technology which I thought was pretty funny. I am learning a lot of technology through my job and More Things on a Stick. I also created a sign that says: Out to Lunch using Tiny Tags. I was really hungry at the time which if you knew me, you would know that I am always hungry.

Then it was on to ToonDoo, which I must say was a lot of fun. I have recommended this site to my students in the past when they were creating a newspaper and had to include a comic in their newspaper. I found a really cute comic by ACLD23Things which you can see by clicking on the link. I made my own comic, which is not really funny at all but I was informed that it didn't have to be funny. You can see it along the right hand side or by clicking here.

I did check out Newspaper Front Page which I thought would be very useful for some of the students struggling with creating their newspaper projects.

Overall, I think that there is a place for Online Generators to enhance the library or a school project. I found myself getting caught up in all of the generators and trying to think of creative ways to include them in the Media Center.

No comments: