Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thing 40~Mashup the Web

I started by watching the video on Mashups and I noticed that he spelled Internet wrong. That was a huge distraction for me. Then I went to Library Worm which has a lot of information and hard to determine if I would use this everyday or just randomly. I looked through the section with Jobs, Tags, and RSS feed. I liked the tag section the best because it was more broken down.
Next, I explored the Wheel of Food. If you know me, I think a lot about food. I spend most of my day wondering what I can make for supper or searching for a recipe to try out. For my area, there isn't a lot of restaurants because I live in a very small community.
Visual headlines was okay. I like a picture to go with my news but it was a site that you have to be careful with. A lot of profanity which I wouldn't use in my school setting.
Mashface Beta was just not my thing. It did remind me of my favorite summer show, Big Brother. They use face mashups as a competition for the house.
As to other mashups Karen's Mashups looked to be a good website for educational purposes. Here was another mashup that I had found called Education Mashups for the 21st Century.
I created a mashup using Polyvore that shows my lazy fashion.

1 comment:

TJS said...

The misspelling bugged me too! That is so funny. :-)