Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thing 43~Online TV and Video

I explored both Hulu and Joost and found both to be very interesting.  Lots of shows are offered through both but nothing that really interested me enough to set up an account.  I like to have the shows TiVo my shows at home.  I did watch a couple of episodes of Two and a Half Men on Joost.  

I spent a lot of time looking for Brothers and Sister which is on ABC, Sunday nights.  Could not find any current shows on either Hulu or Joost.  I was a little disappointed with not finding my favorite show but thought maybe I didn't search enough or should have searched differently.  

I think it could be useful in a classroom if you could set up the movie to show just a clip or two for supportive material.  I don't see that this will change the way that my family watches television.  I do enjoy sitting on my couch, after a long hard day of work, and channel surf.  I know that it isn't considered a sport but it can be a sport in our house.  With the race to the remote and the victory dance. 

If I would have recommended a video to a friend it would have been Two and a Half Men to my brother.  He likes to watch the show as much as I do.   

 

No comments: