Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thing 46~ WebJunction Minnesota

I joined WebJunction Minnesota!!!! I have spent time exploring WebJunction in the past and thought about signing up but left it at a thought. I am now a member and am looking for friends. The hard part about finding friends is that everyone seems to have their profile hidden. I am not sure if this person is the person I am looking for because there is no information about that person. That makes it a little frustrating.

I did send out a friend request to Ruth Solie, who is the person that introduced me to WebJunction at an inservice. I hope she wants to be my friend. I looked for several other people and came up empty handed with the lack of information available to find them.

I did send out a help me with collecting overdues. I need some creative ideas on how to collect overdues. Things that I have tried include: sending them to teachers, visiting with individual students, and putting them on lockers. At the end of the year, I put a list of all the students that have overdues on a wall, which seems to get a little better response but still lose many over the summer.

I looked through some of the courses available and wanted to sign up for them but I will have to spend more time looking to see which of the classes will best fit in with my media center.

WebJunction is nice because it has other people to exchange ideas with on a professional level. I like that there are workshops offered on a later date if you are unable to be catch the first webinar.
I like that you can also use them for continuing education credits for your license. WebJunction Rocks!!!!!!

1 comment:

WebJunction said...

Hi Jen, Thanks for your great comments about your experience with WebJunction, and all the exclamation points. :-) It is true that with the very flexible privacy settings, people can choose to be very "hidden" as a WebJunction member, which can make it difficult to tell if they are the person you are looking for. We'll also be taking a closer look at our search functionality, with the intent of making it easier to find and contact WebJunction members who are interested in connecting with other members.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Sharon Streams
Content Manager, WebJunction